Decorating for the holiday season doesn't have to be a long, drawn-out chore. It can be as quick and easy as these five simple swaps. By focusing on a few key pieces, you can transform your home into a more festive, holiday-ready space. Hoping to get your home in the holiday spirit this year? Try these five decorating tricks to make your space more festive in a snap.
- Throw pillows: Toss your neutral pillows aside in favor of bolder, brighter options. Choose pillows in rich, deep hues or shiny metallic fabrics for a look that's holiday-ready. Don't be afraid to mix and match prints, patterns, and materials; contrasts make for an eclectic, contemporary look that's not at all stuffy.
- Foliage: Skip the standard poinsettias or red roses, and opt for wintry branches and seasonal foliage instead. Play around with striking, statement-making vases for a modern look will carry you through the season.
- Lanterns: Add a few lanterns to your space for a warm, cozy vibe, and get creative with how you fill them. Try colorful candles, small ornaments, or even a few sprigs of berry branches for a fresh, inspired look.
- Glassware: Line a tray or bar cart with gorgeous glasses that feature metallic or holiday-themed accents so that you can sip in festive style. Pair the glassware with coordinating coasters for a chic and functional touch.
- Candles: Although simple white candles can create a cool, wintry atmosphere, 'tis the season to step it up a notch. Fill your favorite votives and candle-holders with shiny, colorful, or even patterned candles for a subtle but stylish holiday accent.
- Designer Kristen Buckingham's 7 Tips For a Merry California-Inspired Christmas
- 10 Holiday Decorating Ideas to Steal From the White House
- Our Favorite Picks For Winter White Decor