If you've got a vision for your space but haven't had the time to see it through, then make 2013 your year of design. Whether you'd like a major home overhaul or just a few style tweaks, these design resolution ideas will help you follow through on your most creative plans. Rather than settling for a space that isn't quite "you," this year, why don't you resolve to . . .
- Experiment with color. If you're always sticking to neutrals, then step outside the beige box by choosing accents in rich, saturated colors. Go bold with a major statement chair, or keep things simple with patterned throw pillows, bright blankets, a standout rug, or colorful artwork.
- Go green. Make an effort be to environmentally conscious when it comes to design choices. Opt for eco-friendly wallpaper, incorporate vintage pieces, and repurpose old furniture with new upholstery.
- Give walls a makeover. One of the easiest, quickest ways to update your space is to turn your attention to the walls. Spice up plain walls with a splash of paint, create an accent wall with contemporary wallpaper, or get creative with a gorgeous trim.
- Try some
DIY.Always pinning creative design projects but never actually doing them? Follow through on the ideas that inspire you this year. Check out these 100 creative DIY projects to find an idea that suits your taste and experience.
- Have fun with the details. Changing things up can be as simple as new knobs on your dresser, so don't think you have to spend tons of time and money on a home makeover. Look into stylish curtain pulls, cool flatware, and unique vases for easy, eye-catching updates.
- Style Guide: Candles
- Link Love: 30 Ways to Beautify Your Boudoir
- This Console Is at Home in Every Room in the House
- Home & Garden
- DIY & Home Improvement