Whether you're planning an extravagant party or a more casual get-together, you'll want in on this easy DIY. When Katie from Katie Rebecca Events decided to throw an Oscars bash, she skipped the fussy dinnerware and decided on a more creative route. Adding glitter to food cards (which she downloaded and printed for free) and wooden spoons boosted her party's fancy factor and only took minutes to do.
Looking to pull this off for your party? Here's what you need to do:
- Download these free printable food and drink cards from Kayden Ashley Designs.
- Put a piece of tape across the edge of your cards to make your perfect glitter width.
- Take your glue stick, and apply a thick and even layer to the taped-off section of your card.
- Pour on your favorite glitter, and lightly press down onto the card to make sure it really sticks.
- Shake off the excess, and allow to dry.
- Mix up the colors to make a custom blend that will perfectly match your color scheme.
Now, wasn't that easy? Check out Katie's Oscars party for more clever DIYs, secret sources, and entertaining tips!
- And the Award Goes to . . . You, For the Best Oscars Bash Ever!
- Dream Weaver: The '70s Art Trend That's Making a Comeback
- 28 Ways to Add Character to Your Home