Bob Hope's home
So far, the estate of the late entertainer Bob Hope has listed two of the star’s Palm Springs homes for sale, with tantalizing anticipation that Hope’s two other mansions in southern California will soon follow suit.
For now, however, here are the two homes that are for sale:
- A 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom, Spanish-style ranch at 1014 E Buena Vista Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262 that Hope and his wife, Dolores, bought in 1941. The home is listed for $469,000 and could be purchased along with an adjoining quarter-acre lot that is listed for an additional $260,000.
- A 5-bedroom, 7-bathroom ranch at 1188 E El Alameda, Palm Springs, CA, 92262 that the couple bought and moved into in 1946. The gated property comes with a pool and lush grounds and is listed for $659,000.
Both of these homes are located in the Movie Colony section of Palm Springs, where Bob and Delores Hope remained residents up until their deaths in 2003 and 2011 at ages 100 and 102, respectively. But while those “starter” homes remained in the Hope estate all this time, the Hopes had moved up … way up.
Palm Springs estate
Now there’s word that the estate will also sell the Hopes’ prized Palm Springs architectural possession: the stunning 22,000-square-foot concrete, glass and steel modern designed by John Lautner. It is pictured above and featured on the post card at right.
Toluca Lake estate
In early December, the family held a garage sale of some non-personal items and decorated the home one last time for the Christmas holiday. According to the Hopes’ daughter Linda, there are plans to list the home for sale in 2013.
But what price will the famous estate fetch? It’s hard to draw comps for this kind of property. With a main house, pool and small private golf course, the property at 10346 Moorpark St, Los Angeles, CA 91602 spans three separate building lots.
- Bing Crosby’s Croon-Worthy Estate (VIDEO)
- Actress Allison Janney’s Palm Springs Home Foreclosed
- Price Reduced on Jerry Lewis’ Former Home in Palm Springs