The "Cacao Eyes" design on the poster is by Swedish graphic designer Olle Eksell for chocolatier Mazetti. (We can't claim to have figured this out on our own, either. Our creative skills with Google's image search led us to a 2011 New York Times blog post identifying it.) The greenery helps warm up the space, as do the wood tones you see throughout the apartment. The laminate flooring is by Tarkett. The slatted pendant lamp appears to be from Secto Lighting, designed by Seppo Koho of Finland; we like how it picks up the outdoor view of the gray building as well as the backs of the Shaker-style chairs and even the radiator under the window. You can find similar Shaker chairs for about $300 at Room and Board. We also think a bowback bench from Jas. Becker Cabinetmaker would look stunning along one side, but that'd be a real splurge at $2,700.
Featured Blog Posts
- Jodie Foster lists her Hollywood Hills … - Spaces - Fri, Jun 14, 2013 4:38 PM EDT
- In homebuying, cash is king again - Spaces - Tue, Jun 11, 2013 6:24 PM EDT
- ‘Da Vinci Code’ author Dan Brown’s house … - Spaces - Thu, May 23, 2013 2:04 PM EDT
- Jennifer Lopez buys beautiful Hamptons … - Spaces - Wed, May 15, 2013 7:48 PM EDT
- Bijan home, a lab for ‘most expensive … - Spaces - Wed, May 15, 2013 4:04 PM EDT