The other day, Yahoo! Homes ran a CNBC story on luxury homes with bold features. It got us wondering: If money (and maybe taste) were no object, what would you include in your home? A slide, like pro poker player Phil Galfond had installed in his Manhattan penthouse? A retractable glass atrium "allowing for unlimited stargazing and sea breezes" (pictured), or perhaps a "jungle in which you can catch fresh fish for dinner" -- both of which CNBC's complete slideshow featured?
We posed the question on our Facebook page, and I've also looked through the comments on the original story. Here's an edited wishlist:
- A fitness center with all the perks.
- A koi pond with a water feature.
- Beautiful paintings with a secret: big-screen TVs behind them.
- "I have always wanted a drinking fountain."
- A big library with tall shelves, plenty of natural light, a grand piano at the center, and comfortable seating.
- A foam pit, like the ones at gymnastics facilities.
- An indoor basketball court with cameras